The PTA Budget for 2017-2018 budget was approved by PEC PTA members during last Wednesday’s first PTA General Meeting.
- PTA is donating more to enrichment salaries ($57K PY actual vs $85K budget). A new position, Life skills coordinator, has been added for 5th and 6th graders. This rotation addition is needed since the 5th and 6th grade classes are bigger in size than the rest of the grades.
- There is less expected revenue from the School District for Garden and the Farmers’ Market money expected for this year is $48K vs $57K last year.
- Field trip expense increased due to enrollment increase (630 vs 652 students this year @ $30/student).
- Minigrants have added back for teachers this year ($2,500).
- Teacher allotment increased by $50/classroom, 29 last year vs 32 teachers this year.
- Moved and added back Playground Partners program out of Enrichment line down to its own line under Programs ($2,610 for Erik from the Y)
- $40,000 was put into restricted reserve to support and continue future enrichment salaries.
For a complete view of the budget – http://pauleckecentral.com/budget
With any questions regarding the budget – please email firstname.lastname@example.org