Healthy, Tasty, Nutritious Snack Recipe: Nut Butter, Granola and Apple Sando (no bread)
- 2 apples, cored and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3 tablespoons all natural peanut or almond butter
- 3 tablespoons granola
- 1 tablespoon honey
- If you won’t be eating these tasty treats right away, start by brushing the apples slices with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Mix butter, granola and honey together in a bowl. Spread mixture onto one slice of apple and top with another apple slice. Voila a tasty and nutritious snack!!
- *Have fun with this snack and add whatever you like…chocolate chips, dried cranberries, cinnamon, raisins, banana slices, fresh berries, sunflower seeds etc.