Top Ten Reasons to Join PTA
- Free food – food is provided at every PTA General Meeting – come around 5:45PM to grab dinner with your family
- Free childcare – childcare is provided at every PTA General Meeting
- You get to meet PTA team members
- Ice Cream – Get a Baskin Robbins coupon for a free ice cream cone
- Feel connected – Get a chance to meet with Adriana, teachers and other PEC families at the PTA General Meetings
- Have a Voice – Kick off a conversation for an idea that you have about PEC
- You become a part of a larger team – the National PTA team – http://www.pta.org/
- Save $$$$ – You can save $$$$ with PTA National vendors – http://www.pta.org/benefits
- Save $$$$ – You can save $$$$ with PTA California vendors – http://capta.org/join/member-perks/
- Tax Deduction – PTA dues are generally considered to be tax deductible
Other Reasons to Join the PTA
Simple. To participate in improving your child’s school and our larger Paul Ecke Central community. We are a community, and we need everyone to get involved.
Do it for your child. Research shows that kids do better in school when parents are involved. Grades are higher and test scores improve. By becoming a PTA member, you demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Do it for the school. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and the school develops a positive reputation in the community. Parents involved in PTA understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. They support improving education, both locally and legislatively.
Do it for you. Becoming involved in the PTA gets you connected to other parents in the PEC community. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Regularly scheduled meetings are an opportunity for you to learn, share, and participate.
How to Sign up to be a PEC PTA member. Membership dues are $20/person.
4 Ways to sign up:
- Online PEC PTA Store: Join PTA
- Membership Forms: Membership forms are also available in the front office, and you can pay via cash, check or credit card. Please drop your completed form and payment in the PTA lock box under the large TV in the front office. Please contact Amy Spears at email@example.com for any questions.
- Back to School Night on September 1st
- Any PTA General Meeting