Monday, Oct 12
Theme: Healthy me- Way to be!Wear Red! To kick off “Red Ribbon Week”
- Classroom: Red Ribbon Pencils will be distributed with pledge- Red Ribbon week pledge (see handout)
- Classroom Topic Suggestion: Discuss what are good and bad habits.
Tuesday, Oct 13
Theme: Show how bright you are: Make good choices! Wear bright colors!
- Encinitas Fire Fighters on campus with truck
- Classroom Topic Suggestion: Discuss the role that diet, hygiene and sleep play in developing healthy minds and bodies.
Wed, Oct 14
Theme: Sock it to unhealthy choices! Wear funny socks!
- Classroom: Hand out bookmarks “100 ways to praise a child.” Discuss benefit of positive praise.
- Lunch Activity: Jazzercise led activity with Emily Tyson
Thursday, Oct 15
Theme: Hats off to good choices! Wear hats to school today.
- 5th & 6th grade Assembly (9am): San Diego Youth Alliance Teen Presenters in MPR
- Follow up activity in classroom suggestion: “Natural High” with discussion questions. (See handout for film info)
Friday, Oct 16
Theme: Team up for a Healthy Me! Wear a sports jersey!
- Classroom Topic Suggestion: Discuss positive peer pressure and what it means to support your friends’ good choices.