The city’s Traffic and Safety Commission approved no parking zones during school pick up and drop off on Cereus St. last week. Thanks to a number of PEC parents who are advocating for safe routes to our school, parents dropping off on the blue line won’t have to “bob and weave” when heading to school in the morning as this will create a true two lane street. But the city council still needs to approve this before it will really happen.
PLEASE come to the Encinitas city council meeting on Wednesday May 18 to support this initiative by parents to make our routes to school safer. Meetings are held in the City Council Chambers located at the Encinitas Civic Center, 505 S. Vulcan Avenue, Encinitas, California beginning at 6pm.
PEC parents are working very hard to make our school safer for the children. You can help!
Please remember to be a good neighbor!
- Avoid blocking driveways
- On Mondays, please do not move neighbors’ trash cans
- Don’t park on the private road next to the east parking lot (it blocks the fire lane!)
Make drop off/pick up safe for our kids:
- Please do not drop off at the mobile home park parking lot
- Please do not drop off at Union Street (this is REALLY dangerous)
- Please be kind and courteous to our Crossing Guards and Safety Patrol (They are doing their jobs to make your kids safe!)
Lets model kindness and responsibility to our kids and make our school pick up and drop off safe for everyone.