Want to show some Valentine’s Day love to your sweethearts and the planet? Check out these eco-friendly options that don’t compromise any of the deliciousness:
- Best Overall: Alter Eco
Fair-trade, USDA organic, and GMO-free chocolates from Alter Eco are not just delicious, they’re ethically sourced as well.
- Best Splurge: Tony’s Chocolonely Chocolate
Tony’s Chocolonely is not only producing chocolate without slave labor, but also providing a model for the rest of the industry.
- Best Newcomer: Dr. Bronner’s Magic All-One Chocolate
Announced in 2021, Dr. Bronner’s chocolate begin with 70% cocoa made from organic beans and sweetened with coconut sugar.
- Best Chocolate Chips: Lily’s Baking Chips
Make your chocolate chip cookies and baked goods a bit healthier without compromising on flavor with Lily’s chips.
- Best Milk Chocolate: Divine Milk Chocolate
Divine Chocolate is partially owned by its cocoa farmers, who hold 40% of the company’s board team.
- Best Dark Chocolate: Alter Eco Dark Chocolate Bars
Anyone searching for an intense dark chocolate experience need look no further than Alter Eco’s 100% cacao Total Blackout bars.
- Best Vegan: Unreal
Unreal has a variety of chocolate bars, nut butter cups, and bite-sized “gems” certified vegan by the Vegan Action Group.
- Best with Almonds: Endangered Species Chocolate at Chocolatebar.com
Endangered Species Chocolate pledges 10% of their annual net profits to conservation organizations.