Topped with: COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM (Dairy-free)
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbl powdered sugar or more to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla or more to taste (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Hand beaters or a stand mixer
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled; I left mine in overnight.
- Open the can of coconut milk. There will be a firm, waxy layer on top.
- Scoop out this firm layer coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can.
- Stop as soon as you reach the water at the bottom of the can; don’t include anything but the solid cream. (You can use the water in smoothies, or just drink it straight.)
- Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.
- Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in sugar or vanilla, if using.