Here’s a delicious afternoon treat!
- 1 cup almond meal (trader joes)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (use dairy-free margarine as a substitute for butter). Or use coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- spices (optional) for example 1 tsp cinnamon works with raisins, cardamom is also delicious in cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- A pinch of salt (optional, especially if you use salted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix together all of the ingredients, don’t add the butter while it is still hot – let it cool for a while before adding it.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Take one heaping teaspoon of batter at a time and place on to the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are done. Take them out of the oven when the sides start to brown.