Welcome to the PEC Community!
We have a special sense of community at PEC, and it is the result of diverse and dynamic people– teachers, staff, students, and parents– coming together. Here are some ways you can get involved and be part of the PEC community:
STAY CONNECTED AND INFORMED:
VOLUNTEER: Get involved in your child’s education by volunteering at school for in-class and out-of-school time activities. Share your ideas and expertise, join a committee, write a grant, and participate in fundraising efforts. Any skills you have can be used to benefit out school. And, just an hour of your time can make difference for our children. Learn more about our PEC Committees.
JOIN THE PTA: The PTA partners with the principal, teachers, and staff to support educational and social programs. The PTA raises money, organizes events, and helps improve the general well-being of our school. The PTA is also, itself, a diverse group of people…. so, join us! Signing up is easy – JOIN TODAY
Top Ten Reasons to Join PTA
- Free Food – Food is provided at every PTA General Meeting – come around 5:45PM to grab dinner with your family
- Free childcare – Childcare is provided at every PTA General Meeting
- Meet Your Friendly PEC PTA Team – Provide input, feedback, or just say “Hello.”
- Ice Cream – Get a Baskin Robbins coupon for a free ice cream cone.
- Feel Connected – Get a chance to meet with new principal Wes Sechrest, the teachers, and other PEC families at the PTA General Meetings.
- Have a Voice – Kick off a conversation for an idea that you have about PEC.
- Become Part of a Larger Team – the National and the California PTA team (National PTA is the largest child advocacy association in America and boasts more than 4 million members; CA PTA has 761,939 members!) – http://www.pta.org/
- Save $$$ – You can save $$$ with PTA National vendors – http://www.pta.org/benefits
- Save More $$$ – You can save $$$ with PTA California vendors – http://capta.org/join/member-perks/
- Tax Deduction – PTA dues are generally considered to be tax deductible
Other Reasons to Join the PTA
Do it for your child. Research shows that kids do better in school when parents are involved. Grades are higher and test scores improve. By becoming a PTA member, you are demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Do it for the school. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and the school develops a positive reputation in the community. Parents involved in PTA understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. They support improving education, both locally and legislatively.
Do it for your community. Your participation improves your child’s school and our larger Paul Ecke Central community. We are a community, and we need everyone to get involved.
Do it for you. Becoming involved in the PTA gets you connected to other parents in the PEC community. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Regularly scheduled meetings are an opportunity for you to learn, share, and participate.
Membership Dues and Sign-Up Options
Membership dues are $20/person.
- Online Via Membership Tool: Join PTA
- Membership Forms: Membership forms are also available in the front office, and you can pay via cash, check or credit card. Please drop your completed form and payment in the PTA lock box under the large TV in the front office.
- Back to School Night
- Any PTA General Meeting
PTA also means exclusive perks for you! Click on the links below to find out how PTA members can receive discounts from select retail and service providers.